My graduate degree is based on professional standards established by the Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) and the International Society for Technology and Education (ISTE).
To meet these professional standards, the University of Colorado, Denver developed a set of ten competencies:
- Adopt a reflective-practice stance to your work.
- Conduct a needs assessment for learning or performance interventions.
- Apply theory and best practices; conduct analyses of learners, content and context for instruction; and design activities an experiences for learning.
- Accommodate the needs of diverse learners through media and technology.
- Use tools and apply message-design principles to develop products and resources to support learning and performance.
- Implement and evaluate effectiveness of programs, products, and practices.
- Assess student/participant learning.
- Utilize research methods to investigate a learning, organizational, or performance problem.
- Manage a development or related project.
- Participate in a change process and provide leadership in helping people adopt new technologies or practices.
Each of these competencies is demonstrated in a series of performance-based assessments (IPBAs) integrated into coursework and projects.
INTE 6750 Current Trends and Issues in IT
PROJECTS ADDRESS COMPETENCIES 1, 9-10
Technology Trends Project–Coming Soon!
INTE 5600 Multimedia Authoring: Web
PROJECTS ADDRESS COMPETENCIES # 6 AND 9
INTE 5830 Workshop: Assessment and Technology
PROJECTS ADDRESS COMPETENCIES #1, 3-4, AND 7
INTE 6710 Creative Designs for Instructional Materials
PROJECTS ADDRESS COMPETENCIES #4-5 AND 7
INTE 5200 Designing and Organizing an Online Course
PROJECTS ADDRESS COMPETENCIES #1, 3-5, AND 7
INTE 6720 Research in IT
PROJECTS ADDRESS COMPETENCIES #1-2, 6, 8, AND 10
Increasing Engagement of Male Minority Students: Stakeholder’s Presentation
Action Research Report Presentation: Parent/Community Presentation
INTE 6515 Leadership for Technology Integration
PROJECT ADDRESSES COMPETENCY #2 AND 9
INTE 6999 Leadership and Practice
PROJECTS ADDRESS COMPETENCIES #2, 6, AND 10
INTE 6930 Internship in IT
PROJECTS ADDRESS COMPETENCIES #2, 6, AND 9-10
INTE 5830 Workshop: Games and Simulations
PROJECTS ADDRESS COMPETENCIES #3-5